ENTER THE HAWLEY OPEN!
Open to any member of BFCC affiliated clubs! (e.g. BCCA, Scheming Mind, Natcor, SCCA, Clergy CC, Braille CC, Yorkshire, Sheffield & Hampshire members)
Martin Hawley died in 2012 & donated funds to the BFCC. The BFCC have decided to use some of this money to organise a Hawley Open tournament with prizes. The details are as follows:-
* Played on ICCF webserver & rated.
* Preliminary Start date 20th April 2014. End date 18 months from the start date. Adjudications will take place to decide crucial games only. The final to be started within one month after all section winners are known.
* Time Control unusual! It is 125 days plus 10/15. So each player will start off with 125 days & then receive an extra 15 days for every 10 moves. This Time Control is equivalent to 10/40 for the first 50 moves but ensures that any moves beyond that must be played faster.
* Deadline for entries Midnight GMT 10th April 2014.
* Entry fee is £5.00 which covers preliminary & the final stage (if qualified). This fee can be paid online at this website by scrolling down to Online Fee payment) using the reference 'Hawley Open' OR
.............by cheque payable to ‘BFCC’ and sent to tournament organiser; Andrew Dearnley, 17 Smithy Hill, Upper Denby, Huddersfield, HD8 8UH. (When entering, please state clearly which club you belong to)
* Preliminary sections of between 7 & 9 players (depending on number of entries). The winner of each section progressed to the final. Baumbach tie breaker (most wins) applies. Further tie break is SB and finally lots drawn if still equal. Multiple entries are accepted, but of course only one place in the final can be used !
* There will be the following prize fund for the final;
1st place £250
2nd place £150
3rd place £100
Please note the Prize Fund is subject to review and possible reduction if fewer than 50 players enter the tournament.
Please support this event & ENTER!